Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Washer will not drain out water. Model number mvwc565fwo, I…

Customer Question
Washer will not drain...

Washer will not drain out water

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Model number mvwc565fwo, I bought it in may or july of this year. I bought it at a place in corbin Kentucky. It was new when I bought it, but not sure where I have put paper work.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Only if my husband thinks he can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Don't think so

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/16/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 8 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

If the unit is brand new, I'd just call warranty and have them repair the unit. Their number is ***** If you wanted to try to fix the issue yourself, you'll need to unplug the washer and remove the drain pump below the tub. Below is a video on how to do this but you'll want a wet vac to remove all the water out because when you remove the drain pump all the water is going to flood out. Either way, remove the pump and check for debris and remove any debris that might be jamming the pump. Other than that, the pump would need to be replaced.

CLICK HERE for video

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?