Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Dishwasher doesn't go through the cycles. Whirlpool type

Customer Question
Dishwasher doesn't go through the...
Dishwasher doesn't go through the cycles
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: Whirlpool type 582-1 mod wdf750saym2
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Submitted: 27 days ago.Category: Appliance
11/15/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 27 days ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you! Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

What happens when it stops?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Soap pack stays at the bottom and it shows it in wash the next morning

Check to see if the dishwasher is actually filling up all the way with water. It should be across the basin when full. Secondly make sure the filter is clean in the unit, if that is dirty the unit can not wash properly and will not be able to break down the packets. Also check the wash arm ports for any blockages in the small port holes. Now if the filter is all clean and the water level is good then that leaves the wash pump assembly. They had a ton of issues with the wash pump on that unit. Sometimes they run too slow or not at all, then nothing gets washed and the packets of soap lay in the bottom undissolved since there really is no wash action going on in the unit. Here is a link to a new wash pump assembly as 99% of the time with that issue this is the actual problem. If it is under a year old or just at a year it should be covered under warranty so you may want to call for warranty service.

CLCIK HERE PART

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions.

Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 26 days ago

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician