Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a Whirlpool side by side refrigerator model #

ED5KVESVQ00 and water leaks while...
I have a Whirlpool side by side refrigerator model # ED5KVESVQ00 and water leaks while water is dispensed
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: We have had it about 10 years ModEL ED5KVEXQ00
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: YES
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: NO
11/15/2017
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Where do you see water leaking from exactly

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Inside of the recessed compartment where the water paddle is, on the right side above the 90 degree point where the water comes out.

That unfortunately require an entire new freezer door to fix a leak in the line of the door because it isn't sold or replaced separately since the door is foamed in.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No, thank you for your help.

Not a problem but I'm very sorry about the bad news.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Where should I look for a door

I'll warn you that they cost about as much as a new refrigerator. The part number is ***** and it's about $1000 at Searspartsdirect.com.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Wow, I guess that settles it! We won't be using that function.

Again, I'm very sorry about the bad news.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc