Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an Electrolux Wall Oven E30EW7CESS2 and the door will…

Customer Question
I have an Electrolux...

I have an Electrolux Wall Oven E30EW7CESS2 and the door will not stay open. It springs right back shut, rather quickly.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Electrolux is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

The number I gave you is the exact model. The unit was made in July 2005

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/15/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 8 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you! Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

If the door will not stay open the detent position on the door hinges is bad. You need new hinges to fix that issue. Here is a link to the hinges, you just have to remove the door from the unit. Lay it on a table and remove the screws from the bottom edge and any that are on the face to separate the door panels to replace the hinges. It is a fairly easy job to do. See part link below

CLICK HERE PART

CLICK HERE VIDEO

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions.

Thank you for your help. Could you tell us what would cause this issue? We never had a prblem with the door, and we recently started renting out our home. Wondering if this is just age, or too much weight on the door.
Also, any idea as to which hinge would be broken.... left or right? or replace both (and why both)?
has anyone ever repaired the old hinges for a temp fix? We're in Canada and new hinges are a few weeks away.

The hinge pins break causing that issue.

are you able to address if replacing one hinge will fix this?

Yes it can but you need to see which hinge is broken.

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!