Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The Door locked light is blinking and I can't open the door…

Customer Question
The Door locked light...

The Door locked light is blinking and I can't open the door to start another load. Whirpool Duet , model # WFW72HDW 0

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

3 1/2 years old. I don't know exact model other then the previously supply i.d.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, at least I hope to.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/15/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 8 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
if the door lock light is blinking that means you have an issue with the door latch /lock switch.

And you will need to manually unlock the washer door.

To do this you will need to remove the top washer panel ( two screws in the rear) and remove the op panel and reach down inside the unit and manually pull down on the latch release lever . and that will unlock the door , but you will still need to replace the door latch /lock switch .

I can provide you with the part info if you need it also .