Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I can't get my Whirlpool Duet washer to unlock. Pushing the…

Customer Question
I can't get my...

I can't get my Whirlpool Duet washer to unlock. Pushing the Control Lock button shows LOC after 3 seconds, but will not unlock. I tried to stop cycle after a few seconds to change to delicate, and can't get to wash or to open.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Maybe a year old. Duet Steam. Can't find a model number.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Is this a big job? I am not equipped to do anything complicated.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Other than this, have not had problems.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/15/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 8 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Are you trying to unlock the control board or the washer door?

The control lock JUST locks and unlocks the control board itself

Trying to open door.

ok so if your trying to just unlock the door after you have started a cycle you will need to unplug the unit for 5 minutes to reboot the electronic control board.