Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a front load whirlpool washer and after displaying…

Customer Question
We have a front...

We have a front load whirlpool washer and after displaying an error code of F09 E01 it is stuck on lockdown. I need to free my clothes

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

4.5 steam washer - about 3 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depends on how extensive it is - right now I desperately need the clothes stuck inside

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/15/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 8 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

Does this unit have a lower front panel below the panel that the door is on or is the front panel all one panel?

where would I find full model number? panel on front one panel
is part # same as model number?
WFW97HEDW

the model number is ***** on the front face frame of the washer.

and if the door is closed and locked you will not get to it.

If your washer has one front panel from the floor up to the console/ control panel .

To unlock the door you will need to remove the top washer panel ( two screws on the rear of the panel ) and then reach down inside the unit on the front , right side of the door and manually push down on the door latch release lever to unlock the door. ,then you can give me the model number and than also try to run any cycle and see what the washer does then .