Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Superba oven wont turn on. Controls are not on gas stove.

Customer Question
Superba oven wont turn...

Superba oven wont turn on. Controls are not on gas stove

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Kitchenaid superba gas oven 13 yrs old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The controls are electronic and have gone out. Can't turn oven on. Once in a while they turn on ...

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/15/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 8 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

the model /serial should be on the inner over face frame or if your model has a drawer it will be behind the drawer on the top left corner of the frame.

Dont have that info with me right now. Will get it to you later tonight.

ok ,just reply when you can when I see it I will reply back to you .

And when you say the controls are not one do you mean that the display /clock is blank ?

Managed to get them ..............
model Kgst307hbs9
sn imm3063834

Second request) And when you say the controls are not one do you mean that the display /clock is blank ?

including turning on the oven

ok so since the clock . oven control is blank I suspect that you have a high limit thermostat that has opened thus killing voltage to the range control board , this will not effect the cooktop burners .I`m assuming they still work is that also correct?

cook top burners work. But they are knobs not controlled by the electronic panel.

yes I know I just wanted to be sure that the unit did in fact have voltage to it for the burners to light.

Ok you have a thermal bia metal under the console area ,that kills voltage to the electronic control board .it it is item # 17 in this parts break down .

http://www.partadvantage.com/diagram/3/0/00099313/680/900

I recommend replacing it .

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

---> CLICK HERE <--- FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

If you have any questions just reply back to me .

Woody:
I ordered the part you suggested yesterday. Today, this morning, I pressed the button on the panel even though the lights were not on. I pressed the start button, heard a beep and the oven turned on. Not sure what temp because again the panel does not light up. It soes seem that electricity is getting to the panel or control board .....
Do you have new dieas based upon what I ject mentioned? Either way, when the part comes in I will replace it, but I'm wondering whether it is something else given this new info.

ok if you can get the oven control do to anything then the thermal bia metal is not bad.

If you just press Bake and the start the oven should default to 350 degrees .

But the issue of no display is the display control board itself . it will need to be replaced

that seems to be problematic due to the cost .... $485. Any other ideas?

I would not say problematic just expensive and for some controls that is not that expensive .I had a whirlpool oven control yesterday that was over $700.00