Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Whirlpool Washer Model GST 9679PW1 just replaced clutch and…

Customer Question
Whirlpool Washer Model GST...

Whirlpool Washer Model GST 9679PW1 just replaced clutch and coupling, washer works fine, but it makes a "clicking noise" during the rinse agitate cycle, not during the wash or final rinse spin cycle, washer works very well other than this noise.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Washer is about 10 years old, model number is ***** PW1, SER CS2522713

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I have already replaced the clutch and motor transmission coupling

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That is all for the moment

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/15/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 8 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can you tell as to where this clicking is coming from?

Seems to be from the bottom of the washing machine, motor transmission area, all other operating noises seem normal.
Is the $24 part of the total cost for using just answer, or an add on?

And it does NOT make the noise in the first wash agitation mode? only in the rinse agitation mode??

That is correct the noise is only in the rinse agitation mode, not in the wash or final spin.

that is strange because all the same parts are operating on both the wash and the rinse modes.

The ONLY thing that is different is the timer setting .

oh and the premium phone offer is an additional $24.00 .

And I did not sent it to you that is done by the web site not I

I agree - would the speed of agitation or point in the cycle have anything to do with the noise? the noise seems to be "metal - on - metal", not plastic.

the speed should not have anything to do with the noise .

Have you removed the cabinet and by passed the lid switch then run the unit to try and find where the noise is coming from yet?

No not yet - I still have a load of laundry in the washing machine, I can try that next - I will not be able to get to that until later in the week, Friday at the earliest. What should I look for?

well I would run it and listen for the noise and when you hear the noise track it down and go from there or at least replay back to me as to where you feel the noise is coming from.,

Then we can proceed .

OK thanks I will do that

no problem ,glad to assist you anytime.