Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Whirlpool washer (Mod# WTW4800XQ1) would not allow water…

Customer Question
My Whirlpool washer (Mod#...

My Whirlpool washer (Mod# *****) would not allow water to load into drum. I press the START button, hear the click then lid locks down and I hear just a swishing sound like there's some water (only a little water in the drum and upon looking there's no water in the drum). Usually after I press the START button I hear the click sound and then there's a pause for about 10 seconds then I hear the washer loading with water (i.e. hear the steady water sound loading water into the drum basin). I bought a new valve that directly connects to the water hoses outside as a continuity test showed it was malfunctioning. I bought a new valve and installed it and nothing has changed. What is causing the washer not to load with water & run properly????

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Model# ***** and its about 4 yrs. old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, as a friend who is a great technician is coming over for a second time to see how we can fix it by ourselves..

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The S/N is C10925364

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/15/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 9 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

After you press Start the unit has to go thru the child safety feature, where it locks the door ,then unlocks the door brings in a 2 second burst of cold water pauses for 5 seconds and then re-locks the door and start to fill for the cycle selected.

If the unit is only locking the door and not going thru the child safety feature .

I suspect that the door lock switch has a faulty switch in it where it is not telling the main control board that the door is in fact locked for it to start the child safety feature.

And if the washer does not do the child safety feature it will not start a load .

So if you can start another load listen to see if the unit locks then unlocks the door or not please.