Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

When I try to start my dryer, it trys to start but won't…

Customer Question
Hi, When I try...

Hi, When I try to start my dryer, it trys to start but won't catch. I'm sure the drum is not turning. If I keep trying sometimes it will start and run just fine. So it has an intermittent starting problem that is now pretty bad. Any ideas?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Maytag ~15

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/15/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 8 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

if you open the dryer door the model /serial number should be on the inner face frame.

Don't have it with me.