Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I need instructions installing water filler for Kenmore

Customer Question
I need instructions installing...

I need instructions installing water filler for Kenmore Refrigerator 165A***********SN #11364146CX

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

About 12 or 13 years Replacement Filter 9084 (9006)

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes My husband always installed it, but he passed a fe onths ago and I need to install a filter

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It is a side by side

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/15/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

To replace the filter all you should need to do is open the refrigerator door. Look at the ceiling and there is a long oval cover attached on the right side. Depress the from locking clip and the cover folds down exposing the filter. Twist the filter counter clockwise and then remove the filter and twist the new filter in place. Close the cover and then dispense about 1 gallon of water through the water dispenser to purge all the air inside an you should be good to go again.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

I went to a Sears store today and the gentleman told me to go to this address and that I should be able to reqyest the manual to download. Your description does not match my refrigerator..so thank you anyway

I'm not sure what you mean. I gave you exact instructions for your exact model number you gave me.

If you would like your manual then attached is your manual. Page 13 even shows exactly what I was telling you to do to replace the filter.

CLICK HERE for manual

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?