Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a GE camper refridgerator. Sometimes the fridge gets…

Hi I have a GE camper...
Hi
I have a GE camper refridgerator. Sometimes the fridge gets cold and sometimes it's hot. The ceiling is always covered in condensation.
11/15/2017
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you! Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

I would say you may have a defective fan in the freezer section. If the fan stops working in the freezer section that can happen. The only other thing that would typically cause that issue is a defrosting problem. So when it is not cooling you should remove the rear panel in the freezer section. If the evaporator is built up with excessive frost you need to defrost the frost build up with a hairdryer or steamer. Then you need to check the heater for continuity and the defrost thermostat for continuity as well, that is clipped to the evaporator. It has to be cold to test it and it should read continuity with an ohm meter as well when cold. If all that tests good you likely have a bad defrost control. If the unit is not frosted up then I would check that fan and replace it if it is bad and not running. That fan motor was super common to intermittenly fail so it may be the issue...see link below for fan motor to order.

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions.

CLICK HERE FAN

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!

Hi
In sorry yesterday was very hectic. I'm going to read your directions today and let you know. Thank you for providing the link to the fan.

OK great!

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician