Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Frigidaire Frigidaire double oven that the element…

I have a Frigidaire Frigidaire...
I have a Frigidaire Frigidaire double oven that the element shorted to the frame what damage did the cost I replace the element but it still don't work
11/15/2017
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you! Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

If the element shorted against the frame and the other burners and broiler work then you likely have burned out the clock control relay on the unit. That is what supplies power to the bake element and could easily have been damaged when it shorted. The clocks typically cost about 150 on average depending on the exact model number.

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions.

is it the relay board or the board that is on the front of the oven

DO you have the model number?

FEB30T6FCC

OK on that unit you need to pull it out of the wall, then remove the top panel to get at the relay board...note if neither broiler or bake work check the PUSH button thermostat to see if it is tripped, that one is located on the back so remove the top and back panel to see it. Here is a link to the relay board though if the thermostat is not tripped and is still closed continuity wise using a ohm meter.

CLICK HERE

does talking on the phone cost me more money

Yes a phone call is more see my other post.....if you need more help post back to me and note All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions.

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
not monthlyI will be charged $28 ones not monthly correct

Yes correct!