Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Maytag refrigerator Model MBF1958XEB5 Household…

Customer Question
I have a Maytag...

I have a Maytag refrigerator Model MBF1958XEB5 Household refrigerator 165A Type 8MA9F
The ice maker was leaking and I tried to find leak. I removed front housing looking for the
water connections. When I pulled off the housing the large plastic gear came off with it.
I put it back together but now the ice maker does not work. I am assuming that the gear
was not installed in the correct position. Can you show me the position the gear must be
in to install it.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Model is MBR1958XEB5

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just need to know how to install gear and the toggle that tells maker when tray is full

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/15/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 8 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

This is what the front and back of the icemaker module head should look like. Attached are the pictures. But honestly I don't think it matters. If the icemaker is leaking, the icemaker needs to be replaced. That is likely way the gear on the front fell off to begin with. You can try to re-assemble it, but whether the problem has progressed or not, it will likely continue leaking until you replace the icemaker. Below is a link to the icemaker for your unit. You can get off brand icemaker replacements on Amazon or whatnot as well if you'd like for about $40-50 if you'd rather do that. The part number is ***** that you need.

CLICK HERE for icemaker

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.