Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a GE dryer that's no longer heating. GFDR270EH0WW is…

Customer Question
Hi. I have a...

Hi. I have a GE dryer that's no longer heating.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

GFDR270EH0WW is the model

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

HD107364G is the serial number

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It started out just saying the clothes were dry when they weren't, sporadically. Now, i have to run it three times to get them dry. My husband has just finished vacuuming the whole thing out, to make sure it's all clear of lint. Now it's not heating up. Nothing is drying.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/15/2017
Appliance Technician: McgiverSR, Customer Service replied 8 months ago
McgiverSR
McgiverSR, Customer Service

hellio my name is ***** ***** sounds like your dryer is not making you happy

i can help you is this a gas or electric dryer? and when you say it takes three time to dry a load would you describe the dryer as hot but wet or just warm before husband worked on it? if the dryer is just getting warm i first need to know if its gas or electric,but if its hot but remains wet after finishing then that an indication that it can heat but but has lost proper air flow by that i mean the blower housing can become clogged with lint and the blower wheel can be clogged with lint reduces airflow and last the ductwork that exhaust outdoors can need cleaning

i looked up your model and it says it is an electric , so now you have no heat at all after your husband vacuumed it out .if he is serious about repairing it himself i would recommend to open the dryer back up and look for any loose wires he may have disturbed while cleaning it , to find the defective part someone will need to know how to use a volt ohm meter, is this something yall are comfortable with let me know, if not i recommend calling a local repair company

I found we bought the 5 year warranty from Lowe's, we're calling it in tomorrow.

THATS GREAT THAT SOLES PROBLEMS