Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I just replaced the start switch in my Kitchenaid trash

Customer Question
compactor but it still won't...
I just replaced the start switch in my Kitchenaid trash compactor but it still won't operate automatically, I have to hold the switch in the on position to make is cycle?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 10 years old (Approx.) and its a KUCC151JBLO
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If I can.....
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I replaced the same switch several years ago and seemed to solve the problem, it works if I cycle it by hand.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Appliance
11/15/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 1 month ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Have you checked or even tested the directional switch yet?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
That was going to be my next step, but not yet.

ok When your pressing and holding the start switch your powering the run winding on the drive motor direct , and when you let got the directional switch should have opened one set of contacts and closed a second contact thus giving voltage to the motors start winding .

And if you need this models wire diagram I can send one to you if you need it .

And I can provide you with parts info also.

John, Home Appliance Technician