Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My whirlpool GZ25FSRXYY2 bottom drawer cannot open. About 4…

Customer Question
My whirlpool GZ25FSRXYY2 bottom...

My whirlpool GZ25FSRXYY2 bottom drawer cannot open

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

About 4 or 5 years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it is easy yes,

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That is my problem need to open the bottom drawer

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/14/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 8 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you! Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

Often an item gets stuck in the freezer section binding the drawer. The only thing you can do it try and open it as far aas you can and use a mirror to see if anything is binding it to get it out of the way. If you can get the door open at leaast 3-6 inches you can even remove the screws at the end of the rails to remove the front drawer to see what is in the way. Other than that you would just have to force the drawer open.

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions.

There is no screws to remove and cannot even open it one inche. The friedge is Whirlpool model # GZ25FSRXYY2 can you please help.
I am at work now can I call you tomorrow at this time?

Get back to me here, you may have to force it open.

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!