Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The filter cover on my Dacor downdraft vent fell down into…

Customer Question
The filter cover on...

The filter cover on my Dacor downdraft vent fell down into the area in front of the part that goes up and down. How do I get to it inside the box?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

It just happened an hour ago. I tried fishing for it with string and a hook but cannot get it.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I hope to.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/14/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 8 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

So this is quite a major problem. It will not be easy to correct this issue I'm afraid. You'll need to open the cabinets up below the cooktop and disconnect the venting to the downdraft. Then remove all the screws going into the front panel of the downdraft. Remove the front panel and then you can work on pulling the front grill out. It will likely be fairly scratched up. I've seen this happen a lot unfortunately, and that front cover tends to get damaged when it doesn't get clipped into place properly and it falls off.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?