Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a maytag dishwasher # MDB5100 awq. The letters are…

I have a maytag...

I have a maytag dishwasher # MDB5100 awq. The letters are beginning to fall off from the control panel. Panel works great just the small square button themselves are coming off. Any help? Do I need entire control panel or can I order just the decorative piece.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

MDB5100AWQ about 15 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Is the install difficult or does panel just screw off

11/14/2017
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Unfortunately you would need to replace the entire control panel which is part number 99002284. They don't sell the overlay separate on this model. The other bigger downside is that the part is about $200 so I'm not sure it's worth fixing even if you can locate the part for the control panel---that is up to you of course.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc