Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My dad has a frigidaire custom deluxe flair range and the…

Customer Question
My dad has a...

My dad has a frigidaire custom deluxe flair range and the bottom element on the small oven is burned out. where can we order one? I do not have a model number but it was purchesed around 1955.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Frigidaire is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

About 65 yrs old, custom deluxe flair

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it's just to install a new unit, yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

This is all the info I I have since the stove is so old. my dad is 95 yrs old and has sitters and we still need to use the oven if possible, not interested spending a lot of money on this. just interested in getting a new element if possible. hopefully you can hael use as to where we can order one

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/14/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 5 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Since your oven is so old, your best option is to remove the element and bring it into a local appliance parts store or Sears Parts and Service Center. They won't be able to look up the exact element and it won't matter because it isn't made anymore. But they should be able to match up the element with one that will work.

Thank you for your help and info you provided. We will take the element and see what we can find.

Alright sounds good. Let me know if you need anything else. If you can't find anything, you can take a picture of the old element and measure how wide and long it is and I should be able to find you an element as well that you can order online.

Will I only be charged the $5.00 since you could not supply me with an element and I will have to do that myself?

The question is $28 for this question.

Are you saying I still owe $28.00?

That is correct, it is a $28 question.

Do not answer this question, will pay $28.00

I'm not sure what you mean by "do not answer this question". Yes this question is $28 that is what you paid for this question.

Do not answer this question, I will not pay the $28.00

ok have a nice day.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc