Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an JEC0536ADS Electric Cooktop that will not unlock.

Customer Question
I have an JEC0536ADS...

I have an JEC0536ADS Electric Cooktop that will not unlock. I know that you need to hold the button down to unlock but will not unlock. We have shut off the circuit and all burners will flash but when you touch it locks can i get help?

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

JEC0536ADS Electric Cooktop 36" Glass top

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Sure

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Did you get the problem?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/14/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you! Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

Have someone shut the power off to the unit and you press and hold the lock button down while they turn power back on does it change anything?

John, Home Appliance Technician