Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a mayday micro wave that keeps telling me to close…

Customer Question
I have a mayday...

I have a mayday micro wave that keeps telling me to close door but door is closed then it shuts off. Also when I did try tiO use it the inside plate and shelf we hot enough to burn me

Contractor's Assistant: What's the microwave's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Mmv4205baw

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depends what's wrong lol jam Li sa and I have never fixed any thing but I could ask a friend

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That's all I have

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/14/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 8 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

How old is this microwave exactly?

9 years

OK. Give me a few minutes to type.

So this is a confusing issue if you've never seen it before but a fairly common issue for technicians like myself to see. The problem is that your microwave thinks one of the door switches has failed. There are 3 door switches in total. These are safety switches to make sure the door is shut since it can be so dangerous to run a microwave when the door is open. One of these 3 door switches has failed and will need to be replaced or if all 3 switches happen to check good then you just have a bad relay on your display control board. Below is a video of how to test the door switches if you have a multimeter. If they all check good, then replace the display board.

CLICK HERE for video

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

this fixes the microwave problem of why the microwave is getting so hot ?
hello

Only if the microwave is running when you don't have it turned on. Nothing can cause the microwave to get too hot unless there isn't enough food to microwave inside. Keep in mind, the rack should NEVER be inside the microwave unless you're cooking multiple plates/tiers of food.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?