Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a whirlpool refrigerator and the ice maker quit

Customer Question
I have a whirlpool...

I have a whirlpool refrigerator and the ice maker quit making ice. I can hear it working but no ice comes out. When I put the arm up to turn it off it still makes the noise like it is trying to make ice.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Model ET1CHMXK082

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it is a simple fix

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/14/2017
Appliance Technician: Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician replied 9 months ago
Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your Whirlpool icemaker. Please give me a moment to review your question. Please note that it sometimes takes a while to type responses and answers.

Whenever your icemaker is running constantly - trying to turn, the gears have gone bad. The icemaker no longer has the power to turn the fingers that remove the existing ice and prompt it to refill. In this case, the icemaker simply needs to be replaced. The part number for your icemaker is 4317943.

You can get it on Amazon here: http://a.co/2y5GZLr

Just remove the 2 screws holding the icemaker in, unplug the wiring harness, and install the new icemaker in reverse.

- Please rate my service before you leave today. Since we are on the honor system, Just Answer will only credit me for my time if you rate me positively. By giving me a rating of 4 or 5 stars at the TOP RIGHT of your screen I will provide free follow up questions for this appliance after this session. I am not always online, but answer questions as soon as I see them. Thank you.