Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My salt light is on and i don't even use salt. How do i get…

Customer Question
My salt light is...

My salt light is on and i don't even use salt. How do i get it to turn off and my maschine to run again?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

It started today

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

It depends on what is involved. when it came on this afternoon, i followed the manual to remove the items inside the salt container

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

This all started with a blocked intake valve. i had to take it apart four times before it worked. while i was there, i removed the lid to the salt reservoir and now i have a salt light problem and my machine will not run

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/14/2017
Appliance Technician: Martyn Lloyd, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 months ago
Martyn Lloyd
Martyn Lloyd, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, and welcome to Just Answer

I am Martyn, here in Australia.

Please understand the time difference when hoping for quick replies as we Tech Support are from all around the world, and so, as some sleep, others are at work. This often means a speedy response from somewhere almost 24/7, however, when you reply, I may be asleep, so someone else may pick it up for you

Can you please specify Make & Model so I can look into this for you

Did you remove and not replace the Salt cover ?

Thanks