Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I own a Whirlpool Duet GEW9250PW1 dryer, the other week it…

Customer Question
I own a Whirlpool...

I own a Whirlpool Duet GEW9250PW1 dryer, the other week it stopped working. The lights came on and i hear the clicks like it does when it begins. After watching many videos, I replaced the Dryer thermal cut-off switch, the dryer main control board, the broken belt cut off switch, the dryer door switch, all replaced in that order. I am beyond frustrated and don't know what else to do.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

The model is GEW9250PW1 and we have owned it for about 8-9 yrs

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I would like too

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Th dryer was filled with lint and it is completely clean...looks like new!

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/14/2017
Appliance Technician: Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician replied 5 months ago
Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your dryer. Please give me a moment to review your question. Please note that it sometimes takes a while to type responses and answers.

no problem
Steve, can you give me an ETA for a response?
Appliance Technician: McgiverSR, Customer Service replied 5 months ago
McgiverSR
McgiverSR, Customer Service
Hello i can help you
My name is Roger
Great, glad to meet you Roger. Does my description of the problem help?
it does
When you try to start it do you hear any humming noise from the motor
I only hear the click from the control board
That click is most likely a relay closing
Ok couple questions about the parts you put on
it was and is the usual click we have heard since new
How many terminals are on the switches you installed
I don't understand. Maybe we should do this by phone, can you call me?
That is fine
Give me your mumbet
After you took all the ohm readings and all the switches were good you said last night that one of them would only read about 1/2 scale that would probably be the thermostat it's usually can be identified by the wire going to it they should be twisted together or a shielded cable of you haven't heard from me by 9 or 10
In the morning call me
Roger the only switch that had a different reading had a black wire and red wire and is located on the down stream side of the dryer blower tube; there are two switches in this location and sits just below the door. The part number I see on it is(###) ###-#### Talk to you in the morning. Denny
Oh BTW the Ohm reading on that switch was 7 ohms
In case I don't get to spark with you in the morning sometimes I'm very busy at work I work on large commercial laundry
McgiverSR
McgiverSR
McgiverSR, Customer Service