Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Ge profile display will not light up in order to set

Customer Question
Ge profile display will...

Ge profile display will not light up in order to set temperatures for fridge or freezers.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

10 years model artica

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

It happened after a power outage

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Any way to reset the panel with existing button combinations?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/14/2017
Appliance Technician: Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 months ago
Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your GE refrigerator . Please give me a moment to review your question. Please note that it sometimes takes a while to type responses and answers.

Please give me the model number from the tag inside the refrigerator section near the top shelf.

Pss26nstd ss

Thanks. One moment while I look that up.

If you had a power surge, and your display is on the freezer door and it is blank, replace the mother board. The part number for the board is WR55x10942. You can get it Amazon.com here: http://a.co/31tUG9L

Here is a video that will help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEGi8hwBv4M

- Please rate my service before you leave today. Since we are on the honor system, Just Answer will only credit me for my time if you rate me positively. By giving me a rating of 4 or 5 stars at the TOP RIGHT of your screen I will provide free follow up questions for this appliance after this session. I am not always online, but answer questions as soon as I see them. Thank you.

Panel is on the refridgerator side.

Is it in the refrigerator on the ceiling?

Is so, same deal. Replace the mother board.

No it is on the front facing the door

Ok, either way, the mother board controls the user interface. I've never seen the user interface go out as a result of a power surge. The mother board is always the component that is affected.