Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Ice maker is overflowing at back. Whirlpool model ed22dq. It

Customer Question
ice maker is overflowing at...
ice maker is overflowing at back
JA: What's the make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: whirlpool model ed22dq
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: it does not quit making ice when basket is full
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Appliance
11/14/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 1 month ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

So first, raise the arm on the icemaker and see if the icemaker stops making ice. If not, you need a new icemaker and the part number is(###) ###-####

Now if the icemaker does stop making ice when you raise the arm, make sure the arm is clipped into the icemaker well. If that checks good, order and replace the wire arm on the icemaker because it's been re-designed with a lastic extension on it so the bucket doesn't get too full. Below is a link to that part.

CLICK HERE for wire arm with extension

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 29 days ago

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc