Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a whirl pool WFW9500TW01 (model) and Serial number…

Customer Question
I have a whirl...

I have a whirl pool WFW9500TW01 (model) and Serial number CSW4108623. The display is saying SUD and sometimes F35. I have searched on You Tube. I have cleaned the trap area below the drum and after about 5 attempts to wash a load of wash, the machine did. Went to do the next load and again the same display is reading SUD and F35. I'm using HE soap. There is not extra some in the area washer. I have been getting this reading for about 3 weeks and we have flushed the washer with plain water and was able to complete the wash. This weekend we have not been able to complete the last loads bc the digital display keeps reading SUD and going to F35

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

9 yrs i have the receipt showing 11/30/2008 the Model is WFW9500TW01 Duet Steam Energy Star Whirlpool HE and serial number CSW4108623

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

This is the only time we have had any problems with the machine. I have taken off the front cover below the door. (this is a front end washer) and taken off the top lid as well. What I saw on U Tube was about cleaning the trap drain. its a screw plug that I unscrewed and cleaned it out i have also flushed it with about 1 pint of water.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I dont understand your last question, anything else we should know to help you best?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/13/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 8 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

So this is a really common problem on this model and unfortunately you're have the correct idea in how to fix this problem, but experience has taught us that the pressure switch or clog in the drain rarely causes this problem. There is no way to test the pressure switch to know for certain if it's bad or good, but what we as technicians have found is that the control board itself (the main CCU) just doesn't read the pressure switch properly and the pressure switch is not actually causing the problem. So if the washer is not actually flooding and filling up way too high (like to the middle or top of the door) then this is a false error code and you need to replace the CCU under the top panel of the washer. Below is a link to the part you'll need to order for your model.

CLICK HERE for CCU

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Ok i have just ordered the CCU for overnight shipping. can I contact you tomorrow late afternoon/evening about replacing the board and installing etc? how do I go about doing that.

Sure, but it's fairly straight forward. Below is a video on how to do so. Not your exact model, but the process is the same.

CLICK HERE for video

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?