Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Im from Puerto Rico, unfortunetlly my Kenmore refrigerator…

Customer Question
Hi, my name is*****...

Hi, my name is***** from Puerto Rico, unfortunetlly my Kenmore refrigerator stop working, the compresor runs but it doesnt cold nor freeze,some friemd tell me to press a push button at the ADC board, it start like working but an 88 appears at the cold control display, the lock light turn on at the water and ice thing, then stop working , do you think that I must change the ADC?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Model# *****

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I can change the ADC, I know hos to read voltages, I got an voltimeter , perhaps, maybe, dont know.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I bought it 10 months ago.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/13/2017
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 5 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

• Are you certain the compressor is running with no cooling at all? If so, that is much more problematic than an electrical or defrost issue.
  • Also, that will be under warranty if only 10 months old. Are you not wanting to pursue warranty service?
Good mormimg, I was wrong , its been more than a year since I bought it, no warranty.
Waiting for your respond.
HI, KELLY, I was wrong, more than a year since I bought it, no warranty , please respond to my question ASAP.

Are you certain the compressor is running with no cooling at all? This will be very important to know.

Just like that, it starts when you plug in, I heard a click at the ADC, then a second click, but no cooling at all, no circulating air through the vents.

Okay, but I need to know the very important answer to the following question...

Are you certain the compressor is running?

Ok, Kelly. on my 55 years of age, I've learned to know whats good, bad, wright or wrong, and how to solve things going staight to the point or going round and round. I already loose almost everything on this event, Im not worried to something else but time that I can give to others for help, so please , Go straight to answer and try to help me the best and be sure about the data and facts that I had give to you!

I have asked you the same question three times to which you have not answered. It is a simple yes or no answer so I do not think I am able to spend any more time trying to get this information from you. Good luck with your refrigerator.

Sorry, I dont know if there is a problem at the messages but I've had answered that same question and explain about the click like sound at the ADC board, do you received the answers, if not its noy my fault, excuse me, I still need your help!
Thank, please check for the answers, I had send 3 times, it seems that you dont received them.
Hi, Im trying to get my answer, Kelly ask me a simple yes/no question, I answered it for three times, it seems to be a lack
of internet signal problem, he referred me to another tech on 9/14, no comminication since then, I still waiting to solve my refrigerator issue.
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 5 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Do you still need assistance on your question?

Yep, can you read my refrigerator issue?

The ADC is an adaptive Defrost Control board .

and your answered to IS the compressor running are not on this thread so they were not received if you in fact sent them!!

If the compressor IS running but the unit is not cooling .

If you open the freezer door look on the rear interior wall panel do you see any frost or ice ?

Not at all, when I plug in the ref I heard a click at the ADC, then a second click, the compressor starts as soon as I do the plug, no coolling at all, no air through the inner vents, no freezing. I press the reset button at the ADC, it souds 1 beep, the 2 beeps, then starts blowing at the vents for about 5 minutes, then stops. I still hearing the compressor sound. By the way, the compressor is the round black component at the lower rear back area?
When I do the reset, the 88 # appears at the cooling control. A lot of waving in votage had being on since the use of standby generator.

Ok As the last expert was trying to find out it is VERY important that you are 100% sure that the compressor is running !

So I`m going by what your telling me ,,and if in fact the compressor is running but the unit is not cooling and you see no frost or ice on the rear interior freezer wall ,that can only mean that the issue is in your Sealer Refrigeration System where the compressor is running and NOT pumping the refrigerant =no cooling OR the compressor is running and pumping refrigerant BUT the Sealed Refrigerant System has a refrigerant (Freon) LEAK and there is not enough left in the unit for it to cool .

Now you say the unit IS OUT of warranty , then if you call in a servicer and have them repair it and recharge the sealed system your looking at around $1,000 especially since your in P.R.

Not sure if you want to spend that kind of money just to have this unit repaired .

And I know this IS NOT what you wanted to hear.

But if the compressor is running and the unit is not cooling that is what your issue is .

If you have any questions just reply back to me.

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me.

How can I found the leak, this means that the ADC is working good, where is the site that can leak the most, this can be cause by voltage variations or flooding, its worthy to fix it?

to find the leak you will need a refrigerant leak detector .

There is no one place that leaks more then the other.

To work on the system you have to have an EPA certified repair person .

And it can leak due to a bad part ,moving the unit around and causing the piping to move .

And as fo is it worth fixing .

How old is the unit?

You say you got it 10 months ago was it new when you got it or was it used?

Based on the model of the ref. what is the most common troubles that makes this kind of failure?

I would check the compressor piping connections and then the Freezer Evaporator coil next. it get cold then warm so it does a lot of expansion and contraction

Does the compressor has a protector sensor that prevents it to run without gas?

no it does not have any type of a pressure sensor .

There is not any kind of air through the vents but when I do the reset button at the ADC board, why?

I would assume because the ADC was in a defrost mode before.

The ADC is just an adaptive defrost control it is not designed for you to keep resetting it all the time.

It is supposed to clear when you do the reset button.

yes but all your doing is cleaning or rebooting the control ,your not fixing anything . And every time you clear it your starting over from new when you clear it .

despite to a leak you wont have any ventilation, its such a leak that no matter the compresor runs there is no ventilation?
Whats in control of the ventilation, the cooling control, the freezing control, the defrost control, the ice maker sensor, the ADC board?
Master Tech
Master Tech