Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We just bought and installed a brand new whirlpool

Customer Question
Ok so we just...

Ok so we just bought and installed a brand new whirlpool WMH31017FS o TR72285407. it won't work. The fan comes on, it won't allow a cook setting. When you touch the display it beeps twice and shows SPd1 or and F display. Ugh

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

W10848094 it is brand new probably 2017

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No I hired a technician but he has to come back. He installed it in the wall then when we went to set clock the problem occurred.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't think so

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/13/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 9 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

ok thank you

SPd1 and F means that your microwave thinks your turned your vent fan onto the slow vent speed. Try unplugging the unit or flipping the breaker off for 5 minutes to see if it'll reset. If not, you'll need to call warranty because either the touchpad or control board came faulty from the factory. Their number is *****

no, I will not pay more than the 5

ok have a nice day.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?