Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a hotpoint electric stove. Many times, one of the…

Customer Question
I have a hotpoint...

I have a hotpoint electric stove. Many times, one of the burners doesn't heat up. If I jingle it, sometimes it goes on. I'm afraid that it won't work for Thanksgiving. Who can I call to fix it?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Hotpoint is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It's about 2-3 years old...not sure of the model

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/13/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 8 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

What burner exactly isn't working all the time? Do you have a model number located on a sticker around the front frame of the oven and can be seen if you open the door or remove the drawer below the door if there is one so that I can better assist you?

It is the front, large burner. The only number I see is 317B6641P001

That unfortunately isn't the model number. It might be tucked under the door hinge and hard to see, but I need the model to help.

Thank you. I am calling a repairman

alright, good luck to you!