Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Whirlpool HE top loader is leaking water on the side

Customer Question
My Whirlpool HE top...

My Whirlpool HE top loader is leaking water on the side during the spin cycle on towels. But if I wash athletic wear then it doesnt leak. You can see the water beading up on the outside but there might be more coming elsewhere because it leaks more than what you can see beading up.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

WTW8800YC1 purcashed new in 2013

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, I was going to try

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I dont think so

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/13/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 8 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

The only thing you can really do is put the dishwasher up on blocks and watch it from underneath to see where the water is coming from. This is the same thing I would have to do if I was at your house.

Thanks, ***** ***** give that a try.

ok let me know.