Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Our Bosch refrigerator ice maker has stopped working. It is…

Customer Question
Our Bosch refrigerator ice...

Our Bosch refrigerator ice maker has stopped working

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It is only a few months

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes because we live in the country and can't get anyone out here to repair stuff

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

They just replace the refrigerator because the other ice maker didn't work and could not get a repairman out here. I doubt if they will do it again, and I want to know what to do.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/13/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 8 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

These icemakers are made by Samsung for Bosch. Unfortunately its the most common part that fails on a Bosch refrigerator and honestly you've had worse luck than most. Typically they last only 4-5 years or so, but I've replaced several under warranty as well. The reality is that you just need to replace the icemaker. I'm not sure how service will work if you're out of a service area, but you'll need to contact Bosch directly to see how they can service your appliance because it's still under 1 year old and the icemaker will need to be replaced.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?