Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My ice tray was filling with water. the repair tech replaced…

Customer Question
My ice tray was...

My ice tray was filling with water. the repair tech replaced it twice but it still is filling. I think he has put the wrong replacement part in. the cubes are half the size now and the excess water just spills in the tray.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

KBLS20ETSS00

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Not if I want it to work

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The tech cleaned the water line out first and then installed the first of two icemakers. I think cleaning the line was needed but I think that this is the wrong replacement. Unit is about 8-9 yrs

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/13/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 8 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Typically what happens when water is spilling out is the fill tube gets shoved against the icemaker and then it doesn't all flow into the mold and it splashes out of the fill cup on the back of the icemaker. Loosen the screws on the back of the icemaker and see if you can adjust the icemaker and pull it forward and tighten the screws down. If it won't slide forward anymore, cut the tip of the fill tube back a quarter inch or so. Make sure it still sits inside the fill cup on the back of the icemaker, but it's not pushed up against the flat side of the fill cup causing the water to flow all over the place.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.