Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Bousch dishwasher error code e24? I don't know model make is…

Customer Question
Bousch dishwasher error code...

Bousch dishwasher error code e24 ?

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

I don't know model make is bosch. have not run diagnostic.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Not sure could be something simple.dont have paperwork on the machine?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

1st problem normally works great.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/13/2017
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 8 months ago
Joel Swenson

The error code e24 is usually a drain error code.
Sometimes these units throw up false errors and by killing the power / turning the breaker off for ten minutes and turning it back on will reset the board. This usually will fix the problem.
If you continue to keep getting this error first thing you need to do is check your drain make sure its draining properly. Make sure filters are not stopped up and the check valve which is usually white in color and located in the bottom of your tub on the side wall is in place.
If those things check out ok check your drain hose for kinks or clogs.The next thing to check would be the drain pump itself, when you press the cancel button can you here the pump running? If not you need to check for power to the drain pump there should be 120v.
If the pump checks out ok you need to check voltage to the water valve solenoid. If you have voltage to the water valve but water does not come into the machine and the screens are clear then you have a bad water valve. If there is no voltage to either of those parts when there should be then you have a bad control board.
If all the above checks out ok you will need to replace the motor as the brushes in the motor have worn out and are causing it to drag triggering this error.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance. Rating the answer does not close the question out it will still be open after you rate. I do not get compensated until you rate​, thanks.