Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a fridgedaire upright freezer that has been unplugged…

I have a fridgedaire...

I have a fridgedaire upright freezer that has been unplugged for a couple of months. Plugged back in last night and the temp control panel light "power loss" is on and is reading 36hrs. How do I reset?

Contractor's Assistant: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?

After being off for a couple of months?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I am aware of

Answered in 1 minute by:
11/13/2017
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

You should just be able to press any button and the power loss should go away. You'll need to leave the unit plugged in for 36 hours before it is safe to put food in and it should be down to temperature. If not and the power loss light would go away, you need to replace the display control board on the front of your door I'm sorry to say. Somehow it has failed.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

The power loss has not gone away after pushing any button. Will I need to try again after 36hrs?

I would give it 36 hours and see if it still works and gets down to temperature. The power loss should be able to be removed down, but if it's not a functional problem, you can decide whether or not you want to fix it when you determine if it's still cooling properly or not.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc