Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I cleaned my self cleaning oven and now the door will not…

Customer Question
I cleaned my self...

I cleaned my self cleaning oven and now the door will not unlock. I tried the unlock code, cancel and cook & hold. I disconnected the electricity and it still won't unlock.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It/s a gas 30 inch wide free standing range, the year is 2008

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If i can't get it open I am going to call sears warranty that I have on my house.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/13/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 8 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Whom is the oven manufactured by ?

and that cancel and cook and hold is to lock and unlock the electronic control keypads not the oven door.

It's a Maytag

Have you set it to clean and then waited 30 seconds and then cancelled it to see if it will unlock the door?

Just tried it and it didn't unlock
I think I should just call my warranty service. Can I cancel your call?

the unit would only have had a one year warranty on it and will not be in warranty if it is over 9 years old.

I have a Sears warranty on all of my house.

But yes if you do not even have a model number to give me your best bet is to call for a in home service call on the unit.

Thank you for your time.
Hi again. Can you still help me?

Yes I can try . you had opted out of the conversation so I could not reply back to you on Monday!

Have you been able to get the door open yet?

My daughter did it.

great Glad to hear you got it !! good job

Now make sure she gets the units model and serial number and writes it down and stores it in a safe place for later use.