Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a frigidaire microwave model numer FGMV174KFC. Heard…

Customer Question
I have a frigidaire...

I have a frigidaire microwave model numer FGMV174KFC. Heard a loud pop, then is making noise but not heating

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Frigidaire is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Frigidaire Gallery bout 5 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Most likely depending on difficulty.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I dont think so.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/13/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 8 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you! Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

The magnetron burned out inside the unit. When that happens you need a new magnetron tube to fix it. Here is a link to the part and a video to help you do the repair if you want to attempt it. You may want to consider a new one due to the part costs and labor time to do the job, but that is up to you. Note the video is for reference only, these all come apart the same so you will have a good idea how to do the job.

CLICK HERE PART

CLICK HERE VIDEO

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions.

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!