Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I want to drain the water from my refrigerator ice make so…

Customer Question
I want to drain...

I want to drain the water from my refrigerator ice make so that I can store the refrigerator in a POD.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

Looking it up. Give me a minute.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes. Whirlpool. Model No. ED25DQXDB01.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Is there anything else I need to put the frig into storage?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/13/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 8 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

So the bigger problem than the icemaker is the water reservoir for the refrigerator dispenser. You're going to need to pull the refrigerator forward and remove the lower back access panel to see your electronic water valve. There are 2 water lines coming out the bottom, one if for the icemaker (smaller line), and the other is for the water dispenser (larger line). You'll need to blow compressed air up through both lines. Put a large cup in the dispenser to catch the water that comes out of the dispenser when you blow the line out. Once blown out, reconnect the water lines. As for the icemaker itself, you wan wait for it to thaw out and then stick paper towels into the top of the icemaker mold and soak up all the water in the icemaker, or you can unscrew the icemaker from the left side wall and disconnect the power cord. Then dump the water out and re-install the icemaker.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?