Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a front loading Kenmore Elite Washer giving an error…

Customer Question
I have a front...

I have a front loading Kenmore Elite Washer giving an error code:

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

The washer is 10 years old, the code is rL

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Well, if it's easy. I was told it was "clogged with "stuff" in the wash cycle and that I could get step by step instructions on line.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

After I load it, put in soap, it will lock and begin to wash doing a few spins, then it beeps and the code rL comes up. That's all. do you want the serial and model number

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/13/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 8 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

So this error means that the basket is generating too much friction when it's trying to turn the basket during the clean cycle. It thinks you have clothing inside so it's trying to tell you to remove your laundry. If there is nothing inside, then you just have a bearing that is dragging too much and the main rear drum bearing would need to be replaced, but that is a $500 repair so it may not be worth repairing until it gets worse.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?