Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have w whirlpool microwave which is over the stove with…

Customer Question
I have w whirlpool...

I have w whirlpool microwave which is over the stove with range hood.it won't turn on and comes up with open close door message which you open and close door and still nothing turns on. This microwave is about 4 months old.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

About 4 months old. Model number wmh35320cs-6

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I'm not able physically bought from Lowes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Every time you punch in time message comes up open/close door

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/13/2017
Appliance Technician: Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 months ago
Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your microwave . Please give me a moment to review your question. Please note that it sometimes takes a while to type responses and answers.

Generally when you are experiencing an issue like this it just means that one of the door switches is bad. These microwaves have 3 to 4 door switches that must all be in their proper positions to cook and heat up and when one goes out you will experience things like "close door" message, the turntable going when the door is open, and heating issues. Also, the microwave may count down without running. Luckily they are fairly inexpensive to replace as most of the switches are less than $20. The bad switch is usually the one that doesn’t “click” when you press the button on it. Sometimes the leads to the switch appear overheated. If it isn't something that you are comfortable doing yourself you can call a local service company. Since your microwave is so new though, I would just contact Whirlpool directly at(###) ###-#### Give them the model and serial number - it should be covered by their one year warranty - and they should send someone out to address the issue.

- Please rate my service before you leave today. Since we are on the honor system, Just Answer will only credit me for my time if you rate me positively. By giving me a rating of 4 or 5 stars at the TOP RIGHT of your screen I will provide free follow up questions for this appliance after this session. I am not always online, but answer questions as soon as I see them. Thank you.