Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a whirlpool duet steam dryer that is flashing f6 e2…

Customer Question
I have a whirlpool...

I have a whirlpool duet steam dryer that is flashing f6 e2 code, model # WGD86HEBW1

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Duet steam front loader model WGD86HEBW1. it's about 3years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes if I can

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/13/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 9 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you! Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

That is a communication error between the main CCU control board and the User interface board. Go to my link and do the following tests and if all checks out replace the main CCU controller.

CLICK HERE

Often just unplugging the cables from the CCU that come from the USER INTERFACE solve this issue.

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions.

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!