Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

How do I remove the cap that protects the top hinge on a…

Customer Question
How do I remove...

How do I remove the cap that protects the top hinge on a refrigerator?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

It's a maytag GE Monogram. Freezer drawer on bottom.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The cap does twist about 10 degrees to the left as facing the frig but I'm afraid I will break it if I push any harder.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/13/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 9 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you! Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

They normally just twist then pry off to get them off. Make sure you have all screws visible removed for sure, but these are just decorator snap caps and typically just pop right off using a small flat blade screwdriver.

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions.