Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a W010200955A 3 yr old Whirlpool fridge that sometime…

Customer Question
I have a W010200955A...

I have a W010200955A 3 yr old Whirlpool fridge that sometime I believe during when Irma hit Fort Myers, the door service became pitted or at least dark marks now make the front of the door look horrible. I would like to know if there is a way that I could replace just the door surface or if you may know a product that would clear up this situation. I do not like having a messy door but the fridge is working fine.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

The fridge is about 3 yrs old and it is a Model W1010200955A (18 cu ')

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I answered - it is a Model W010200955A 3 yrs old

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I've answered twice and still no one is coming back to help me

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Appliance
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/13/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 9 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you! Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

Unfortunately you would have to replace the entire door to correct that issue. There is nothing made that will make it look better. You can try some CLR and wipe it down really good to remove some of the rust....but it may not really look much better. I am sorry these things are made from a really low grade stainless that can have that happen. I wish I had better news for you on this...sorry again.

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions.

The Model I quoted is not a stainless but a white fridge. Please cancel my free Appliance Guru free trial offer. Thank You, *****

The model came up as a stainless series unit