Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I got a samsung rfg297 that i might of got into factory

Customer Question
I got a samsung...

I got a samsung rfg297 that i might of got into factory settings trying to calibrate temp sensor for frig thermister reads good per temp resistance chart and voltage on board but reads about 10 degrees low i do the procedure and cant get it to change temp and now seems to running wild is there a way to reset to factory default settings

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Rfg297hdrs

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/12/2017
Appliance Technician: Martyn Lloyd, Home Appliance Technician replied 5 months ago
Martyn Lloyd
Martyn Lloyd, Home Appliance Technician

Is there any error code displayed ?

No error codes

It may be in Demo Mode... this is for Floor models in stores, to save power
Take a look at this GUIDE to restore to Normal

Unfortunately I am not able to phone you, as it is only supported for USA domestic calls

Let me know how you get on, and please get back to me if you have any other questions or concerns and I will try help you more. It may take more than one exchange to get a fix, so please work with me, you are my eyes and ears here

If you feel that I have helped to answer your questions or lead you to a solution, please remember to rate my performance positively before you leave so that we can close the file as it is the only acknowledgement we receive for our time and experience.

My thermisters read correctly the display is off by 10 degrees it was reading 23 degress and have a sensor of mine that reads 33 degrees and set point was 38 and compressor running and not shutting down

Sorry, I am not able to assist further, I have time constraints with our business and family today, so shall pass and opt out

Best wishes

Gee thanks hope i get help from someone else or you dont coloect money for doing nothing
How do i get my money back your were no help at all didnt know the product and didnt read my issue and the best you could do is say is it in demo mode demo mode nothing runs i got it running and have sensors on readout reading low
Im thinking i wasted my time and money secobd time i used this service first time i figured out wgat was wrong myself but the guy tried to help me yhis was no help at all so far
Martyn Lloyd
Martyn Lloyd
Martyn Lloyd, Home Appliance Technician