Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I was trying to remove the bottom heating coil to clean the…

Customer Question
I was trying to...

I was trying to remove the bottom heating coil to clean the stove.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

It sparked and smoked for a second

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

The circuit breaker popped but can be reset

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Can I just put it back together or should I have it looked at first?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/12/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you! Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

It should be ok to use, put it back together and try it. You can check the wiring to the terminal block on the unit and make sure nothing is melted. If it popped the breaker fast it all should be ok. See what happens.

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions.

Ok thanks

No problem!

Sorry for the small question but it is very hard to get answers on a Sunday.

No problem at all that is why I am here! Try it out and get back to me if you have any issues!