Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Appliance repairman turned off refrigerator & freezer to

Customer Question

Appliance repairman turned off refrigerator & freezer to thaw out freezer. He said I could turn back on after it thawed by holding down two things on electronic panel on front at same time as he did to turn off. I can’t seem to be able to do that.
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: A little over 5 years old because the extended warranty expired
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: in September the model number is *****
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Date of manufactured April 2012, it has French doors with freezer on bottom
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

What 2 things are you holding? And what does the display say on it?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I️ thought he held down power save & alarm at same time but that is not working

To turn the refrigerator on (if it turned it off and the display says OF on it), press and hold the top left and middle left buttons together for 5 seconds on the dispenser panel and that should turn the refrigerator back on if it was turned off.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.