Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Water/ice accumulating on bottom of freezer. Maytag

Customer Question
Water/ice accumulating on bottom...

Water/ice accumulating on bottom of freezer.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model? And have you checked the settings recently?

Maytag side-by-side MZD2752GRW

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes. I've defrosted the freezer before but ice accumulates again. Is there a tube in the back that takes water to a pan to evaporate?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/12/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 8 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you! Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

That is a blocked defrost drain line in the freezer, you need to remove the items in the freezer section. Once they are all out remove the back panel INSIDE the freezer to get at the evaporator and Defrost Drain pan under the evaporator. You will see it is all iced over. You need to melt all the ice and that will expose a DRAIN HOLE towards the middle of the drain pan under the evaporator. Clear that out with a steamer, hot water with a turkey baster or compressed air Make sure the drain is working by pouring a half cup of really hot water down it and it should drain nice and fast If so put the unit back together and it will be all fixed!

Also you may want to remove the back panel by the compressor and reach up where the drain line comes through and remove the rubber DUCK BILL off the tube clean that out and even cut a small notch in it to prevent any blockages.

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions.