Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Have an Electrolux french door refrigerator with ice maker…

Have an Electrolux french door...
Have an Electrolux french door refrigerator with ice maker in upper left hand corner. Ice maker will not shift out of crushed ice mode even when the cube ice button is pressed and indicator light is on. I replaced the solenoid and the shaft moves up and down freely. However, when I hold down the door sensor and try switching between cubed and crushed and press the paddle, the shaft is not moving up and down.
Answered in 5 days by:
11/17/2017
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Do you have a full model number so I can better assist you? It should be located on a sticker near the ceiling of the refrigerator section and seen if you just open the refrigerator door.

Hi Tyler. Sure. It’s EI28BS65KS4

So unfortunately this is a somewhat common problem with this model and the issue is that your dispenser panel has failed. Unlock most refrigerators which the dispenser boards are nothing more than slave board which tell the main control board what to do, this model has it's own relays built into the dispenser board. Now the big issue is that the relays weren't very strong to start out with so often times they fail and stop sending power to the dispenser solenoid or the valve or something like that. The board was re-designed so it shouldn't happen again but the front dispenser board needs to be replaced to resolve this issue since we already know the solenoid is not the problem because it's been replaced already. Below is a link to the part you'd need and it's about $160 or so.

CLICK HERE for dispenser board

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Thank you! Do you know if the panel is accessible for removal by simply removing the trim?

yep, it's all accessed by the front. Remove the trim around the dispenser first, then you'll see screws holding the front display in the upper right and left corners you need to remove to remove the display.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Awesome. Thanks! Have a great weekend.